If you’re using Wix to create your website and the Editor is lagging, you’re not alone. “Why is Wix so slow?” you wonder. In this article, we’ll explore some of the reasons why Wix might be running slowly and offer some tips on how to speed it up in 2022.
Why Is Wix So Slow? Causes of Wix Speed Problems
There are a few reasons why Wix could be running slowly for you. Check whether they’re true for you before proceeding to the solutions.
- Your website has a lot of pages and is loaded with content. The Editor loads all the media at once, so the loading time might be very long.
- Your internet connection is weak or unreliable. This could be the reason if you’re wondering “Why is Wix so slow no matter which website I edit?”.
- You’re using an outdated browser. Wix supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
- You have too many browser tabs open. Close some tabs to free up memory and see if that speeds up the Editor.
Now that we know some of the reasons why Wix might be slow, let’s take a look at how to fix it.
Slow Wix Website: Remove Third-Party Apps and Optimize Media
If you’re only experiencing the slow loading of one website, try optimizing all the images, videos and animations on the site. Wix automatically optimizes some media, but you can also optimize it yourself with a data compression tool.
If you’re using third-party apps on your website, try replacing them with apps available on the Wix App Market. This will solve any compatibility issues that might be slowing down your site.
Wix Editor Lagging: Update Your Browser and Check the Connection
Why is Wix so slow, even when you’re editing a brand-new website? One of the reasons could be that you’re using an outdated browser. Update your browser to the latest version and see if that solves the problem.
Check your internet connection as well. A weak or unreliable connection can cause the website builder to lag. If you’re using a public Wi-Fi network, try connecting to a different network. Also, if you’re using too many browser tabs at once, close some of them and clear the cache. This will free up memory and could help speed up the Editor.
We hope these tips helped you solve the website speed problem. If you’re still wondering “Why is Wix so slow?”, contact customer support. They’ll be happy to help you figure out why your website is running slowly and how to improve the user experience.
- WordPress: How to Update Themes Without Losing Content?
- WordPress: Which PHP Version to Use? | Check Your WordPress PHP Version
- Your PHP Installation Appears to Be Missing the MySQL Extension Which Is Required by WordPress
- How to Embed Videos: WordPress | Our Guide to Videos in WordPress
- Wix vs. WordPress: Comparing the Pros, Cons and Pricing in 2022