One of the features of Google Analytics is the Solutions Gallery, which allows users to share assets such as dashboards, custom reports, and segments with other Google Analytics users. In this article, we will discuss which assets cannot be shared in the Solutions Gallery and why.
What Is the Solutions Gallery in Google Analytics?
The Solutions Gallery is a feature in Google Analytics that allows users to share assets such as dashboards, custom reports, and segments with other Google Analytics users. Sharing assets in the Solutions Gallery is a quick and easy way to collaborate with others on analyzing data.
There are four types of assets that cannot be shared in the Solutions Gallery: unsaved dashboards, unsaved custom reports, segments that include personally identifiable information (PII), and views that include PII. Let’s take a closer look at each of these asset types.
- Unsaved Dashboards: In order to share a dashboard in the Solutions Gallery, it must first be saved. This helps ensure that shared dashboards are properly configured and ready for use by other users.
- Unsaved Custom Reports: Similar to dashboards, custom reports must also be saved before they can be shared in the Solutions Gallery.
- Segments with PII: In order to protect user privacy, segments that include personally identifiable information cannot be shared in the Solutions Gallery.
- Views with PII: Views are used to segment and organize data in Google Analytics, but views that include personally identifiable information also cannot be shared for privacy reasons.
It is important to note that these assets cannot be shared in the Solutions Gallery for privacy and security reasons. So which assets cannot be shared in the Solutions Gallery may change as privacy laws and security measures evolve. Google Analytics takes user privacy and security seriously, and as such, does not allow for the sharing of assets that could potentially violate a user’s privacy or compromise their data.
If you’re working in Google Analytics and you have a question about custom dimensions and metrics, the Solutions Gallery is a great place to start. There, you’ll find a variety of articles, tutorials, and templates that can help you with your goal. And, if you need help creating a custom attribution model or want to get started with exam preparation, you can also find links to relevant resources.
However, keep in mind that custom dimensions and metrics are what we think of while asking “which assets cannot be shared in the Solutions Gallery”. It’s because they are unique to each user’s account and cannot be shared with others in the Solutions Gallery.
Is an Explanation Required When Sharing Assets in the Solutions Gallery?
When it comes to answering the question of “which assets cannot be shared in the Solutions Gallery”, it is also important to consider the sharing of assets in general. When you use the website to import an asset, you may be asked to provide an explanation for why you want to share the resource. The correct answer to this question is that an explanation is not required when sharing assets in the Solutions Gallery.
You can simply share the dashboard without providing any additional information. However, if you want to provide an explanation, you can do so in the text box that is available. This explanation can be helpful for other users who are trying to learn from your work. By providing some context, you can make it easier for others to understand and use your dashboards.
- “Sharing a Custom Report Will Share the Report Configuration and Data Included in the Report”
- Google Analytics Custom Dimensions Can Be Used as What?
- What Is a Dimension in Google Analytics? Custom Dimensions & Metrics
- What Criteria Cannot Be Used to Create a Custom Segment in Google Analytics
- What Is a Secondary Dimension in Google Analytics and Its Features?