Are you looking for a way to download images from your Shopify store? Whether you want to archive your products for posterity or simply move them to another platform, it’s easy to do. Learn how to export images from a Shopify store!
How to Download a Single Product Image From Shopify?
If you don’t have a lot of products, you can download the images one by one right from the product page. Here’s how!
- Open the product in your Shopify admin and click on the image.
- When it opens in full screen, click the ‘Download’ icon in the top right corner. It looks like a sheet of paper with a downwards arrow.
- The image will be downloaded to your computer in its original file format.
That’s it! Now you know how to export images from a Shopify store one at a time. But what if you want to export all your images at once? Is it even possible? Keep reading to find out.
How to Export Images From a Shopify Store in Bulk?
The good news is that there is a way to download all the images from your Shopify store at once. The bad news is that you need an extension to do it. But if you don’t mind installing one, it’s worth it for the time you’ll save.
Mega Media Exporter
We recommend using the Mega Media Exporter extension from the Shopify App Store. It has a free demo that allows you to export images for up to 10 products and videos for 2 products. There are also paid plans that increase these numbers – $29.99 per month for the images from 100 products.
The advantages of this extension are free customer support and detailed organization of the downloaded media. All the files will be categorized by products and named according to their SKUs if you choose so. But if it’s too expensive for you, how to export images from a Shopify store for free? Keep reading!
Shopify Shark is a free Chrome extension that allows you to scrape data from your Shopify store with just a few clicks. Here’s how!
- Find the extension on the Chrome Web Store and install it.
- Open your Shopify store.
- Click on the shark fin icon next to the address bar.
- Select a product collection and click ‘Download Collection,’ or leave the field empty and click ‘Download All,’ depending on your needs.
- Check the box ‘Include images’ under the table.
- Click ‘Export All.’
- Go to the ‘Downloads’ folder and find the most recently downloaded ZIP file. It will contain all the images from the products you chose.
That’s how to export images from a Shopify store for free! If you’re not happy with the results, give Mega Media Exporter a try – it’s worth the money. Until Shopify creates an in-built solution for this, these are the best methods available.
Is There a Way to Export All Product Data From Shopify?
Yes, there is! You can export all your product data to a CSV file. It won’t contain images (only the image URLs), but it’s still helpful if you’re trying to move your store to another platform. To do this, follow these steps:
- In your Shopify admin, go to ‘Products.’
- Click on the ‘Export’ button in the top right corner.
- In the ‘Export products’ window that appears, select ‘All products’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select whether you want a plain CSV file or one made for Excel, Numbers, or another spreadsheet app.
- Click ‘Export products.’
Done! Your CSV file will be downloaded to your computer. After downloading all the text data, you can follow our earlier instructions for how to export images from a Shopify store. This way, you’ll have everything you needed to export in one place so that you can easily upload it to another platform.
Exporting Products From Shopify Is Simple!
In conclusion, there are two ways to export images from Shopify – one by one from the product page, or in bulk with the help of an extension. We hope this article was helpful, and you were able to export all the images from your online store. If not, feel free to reach out to us for help. We’ll be happy to assist you further!
- How to Add Products to Shopify? | A 2022 Guide to Your Shopify Store
- Building an Online Store on Shopify vs. WordPress – Pros and Cons
- How to Upload a Theme on WordPress? A Guide to WordPress Themes
- How to Add Pricing Table Apps to Shopify Stores in 2022
- How to Delete a Shopify Account? Canceling Subscriptions in 2022