Are you looking for a way to run a little online store on Wix without paying the fees? If so, you’re in luck! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to accept payments on Wix for free. All you need is a PayPal account. So let’s get started!
Why Does Wix Charge Payment Processing Fees?
Wix charges a fee of 2–3% for every transaction that takes place on your site. This is because accepting credit card payments on your behalf costs them money, and they need to make a profit. However, the fees can quickly add up, especially if you’re running a busy store. Besides, you can only have a Wix Payments account if you’ve upgraded to a paid plan.
So, how to accept payments on Wix for free? What is the best payment option if you’re selling a lot of products? Read on to find out!
How to Accept Payments on Wix for Free – PayPal Buttons
There is one good solution if you’re only selling a few products or packages – PayPal buttons. You can create a PayPal button for each of your products and add it to your Wix website. Your customers can then click on the button and pay you through the PayPal online payment provider. Here’s how to accept payments on Wix for free:
- Open your site in Wix Editor and go to the page you want to add a PayPal button to.
- Click the (+) button.
- Select “Button” from the list of options under “Add to Site.”
- Under “Payment Buttons,” select “PayPal Buttons.”
- Choose the “Buy Now” or “Donate” button, depending on your needs.
- Move the button to the desired location on the page.
- Click “Add PayPal Info” above the button. If it’s not visible, click on the button first.
- Fill out the data and settings form under “PayPal Settings.”
- Close the pop-up once you’re done. You can now choose a style by clicking on the third icon above the button.
- Click “Publish” in the top right corner of the page to update your site.
That’s it! You can now accept manual payments through PayPal without any fees. One downside to this payment method is that your customers will be redirected to the PayPal website when they click on the button. This can be a little bit off-putting for some customers, as it takes them away from your site.
Another downside is that it can be time-consuming to make buttons for all the products you sell. It also limits your visitors’ purchases to one product at a time. Keep reading for a solution to that.
How to Let Your Customers Buy Multiple Products (Without Wix Payments)
Now, how to accept payments on Wix for free in a more streamlined way? If you have a Business PayPal account, you can set up an “Add to Cart” button. This button will let your customers add multiple products to their cart and pay for them all at once. You can also set up a “View Cart” button in your website header so that customers can see what they’ve added to their cart.
This is a more complicated method, but PayPal’s tutorials will walk you through it. If you’re using Wix and have any more questions about using third-party payment gateways, feel free to leave a comment below!
- How Much Does Wix Take Per Sale? Wix Payment Processing Fees in 2022
- Building an Online Store on Shopify vs. WordPress – Pros and Cons
- How to Transfer a Domain to Wix? (Domains Purchased Elsewhere)
- How to Export Images From a Shopify Store? Download Product Images
- How to Add Products to Shopify? | A 2022 Guide to Your Shopify Store